Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Picture Book: I.Q. Gets Fit

This adorable nod to healthy living starts when Mrs. Furber's class signs up for their school's Health Month competition. I.Q. is the class pet, and he knows right away that he wants to pass the fitness test, and win a gold ribbon! When I.Q. doesn't do as well as the other students on the fitness test, he's worried he won't pass; but as the month goes on, I.Q. learns about healthy habits such as eating a balanced diet, exercising, and getting enough sleep. At the end of the month, I.Q. takes the fitness test again, and after a moment of suspense, it turns out that he's won the award for most inproved student! The pictures of the tiny mouse exercising his heart out are so endearing; you'll be cheering so hard for I.Q. that you won't even notice you're learning as you read.
Picture Book
Ages 4-7
Click here to check out the Port Moody Public Library's catalogue!

No comments: